Tooth prostheses are the replacement of a missing or damaged part of a tooth with another artificial part, in order to obtain artificial teeth that function as a real tooth and resemble it in shape. In some cases, a person is severely hit on his teeth, which leads to breakage or loss, which becomes inappropriate. To restore the appropriate shape of the person resort to the installation of teeth.
There are reasons to put dental prostheses.
- Compensate one or more teeth that have been removed in some way.
- Protect a tooth that is not strong and prone to breakage or fall, due to decay or injury.
- Compensating a broken tooth completely. Cover a large filling to prevent it from falling.
- Cover the warped tooth or its color is different.
Types of dental prostheses Types of dental prostheses, including:
Fixed Prosthodontics: These are fixed in the mouth and can only be removed with the help of a doctor. Be strong until you are able to withstand the load that will fall on them from the bridge
Cosmetic faces: is a formulation that covers the front part of the teeth, so do not cold or remove a large part of the original teeth because it is a veneer placed on the teeth from the outside, and does not affect the gums and maintain the color of the teeth, used as a substitute for teeth very yellow Or that contain pigments, and can address the problems caused by orthodontics such as the presence or shortness of distances, and the disadvantage that they are too thin, which makes them very fragile and breakable, so it is necessary to stay away from eating harsh food that threatens to break.
- The patient can remove it from his mouth and move it. Used when the number of teeth removed is large.
- It is made up of a metal base and placed above it an artificial gum, made of acryl.
- Used to compensate for the shortage of all or part of the teeth. It depends on its application with the gums.
- You need special attention, and should be thoroughly cleaned with a dedicated lotion, and placed in water or solution at bedtime to avoid drying and cracking.
- Keep away from brushing and toothpaste, as this will scratch very small scratches in which bacteria and food particles are formed.