Who is the doctor of oral and maxillofacial surgery?
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Doctor has the skills and experience to handle complex oral and facial abnormalities that can affect not only your teeth, but your appearance and your general life. This includes birth defects and severe trauma affecting the mouth, face, jaws or skull.
What treatments can the oral and maxillofacial surgeon do?
- Impacted dental surgery, bone grafting and prosthetic surgery
Facial bruising and injuries of the maxillofacial bone.
- Prosthetic implants for the maxillofacial or hearing improvement devices that need to be based on bone-correcting jaw surgery
- Surgical treatment of benign or malignant tumors caused by head and neck cancer
- Reconstructive surgery for those who have facial trauma or who wish to correct facial asymmetry
- Correction of genetic abnormalities such as cleft lip, cleft palate, and cranial orthopedic problems Work with other specialists as part of a comprehensive treatment. For example, pediatric surgery to correct cleft lip is performed in collaboration with a pediatrician, while any cases involving oral cancer and oncology need to cooperate with an ear, nose and throat specialist and any specialist required to manage the complications and complications of the disease.
What kind of training does a maxillofacial surgeon need?
Upon graduation from the Faculty of Dentistry, the maxillofacial surgeon needs further training and accommodation to obtain a certificate in oral and maxillofacial surgery. This is followed by a certificate from the Licensing Board to practice the profession in the country.
The maxillofacial surgeon is also expected to have many hours of operation in the hospital and clinic, which enable him to handle a wide range of cases. Since the specialty includes the fields of teeth and surgery, and includes highly sensitive procedures affecting the appearance of the face, bones and nerves that affect breathing, speech and eating, it is important to obtain a surgeon and experienced maxillofacial surgeon